Regain or restore access to a locked user account or forgotten password
It happens! We all occasionally forget that important password or our account is automatically locked for security reasons.
In this article, you will learn:
I'm a user, how do I change my password and recover my account?
To reset your password, or recover from an account lock-out, please follow the below steps. Should you need additional assistance please contact Adventive Support:
- Navigate to https://console.adventive.com/auth/forgot
- Enter your Adventive username (commonly your company email address)
- If your account exists, you will receive a password reset email (please ensure you whitelist email@example.com, and check your spam mail should you not receive this email within 2-3 minutes).
- Follow the instructions in the email to complete your password reset.
The above process will work for all accounts that either need to reset passwords simply because they have been forgotten, or for accounts which have been locked automatically by Adventive for too many invalid attempts.
This process will NOT work should your account be administratively locked by your Global Administrator. Should you be made aware that that the account is administratively locked, you will need to contact your Global Administrator, Adventive Support will be unable to assist for security reasons.
I'm an administrator, how do I change my users password?
To reset a users password, please follow the below steps. Should you need additional assistance please contact Adventive Support:
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions
- Locate the user that requires a password reset
- Enter a temporary password for the user
- Click Save
If the user account is set to Locked, you must set it to Unlocked to restore access to the account.