This article will walk you through serving Adventive ad tags inside of friendly iframes via Google Ad Manager.
- A friendly iframe is an iframe that shares a domain with the page it's hosted on, generally inferring that the content is trusted and can break out of the iframe.
In this article, you will learn:
How to Export Ad Tags Formatted for Google Ad Manager
- When you’re ready to export your tags, select "Export Campaign Tags" from the Campaign Actions dropdown menu (click the topmost vertical three dots).
* Note - Tags can be exported at the campaign, site, placement, and individual ad level. In the below example, we are exporting at the campaign level.
- A new window will appear to then select the appropriate format for the tags that you are exporting. Select Google Ad Manager / DFP from the Ad Server dropdown menu. This will ensure that your tags are formatted with the correct macros for trafficking via DFP:
- Once you have selected your preferred Ad Server, select an export format. The tags can be exported as an Excel XLS, CSV, or Text File.
- Once you have selected Google Ad Manager / DFP, and have selected your Export Format, choose the Export Method - Download or Email. This will determine how the trafficking sheet should be delivered:
- If "Email" is chosen, insert the email address into the "Email To" field. You can enter multiple email addresses, separated by commas:
- Click Submit to export your tags. The tag sheet will either be downloaded to your computer, or emailed to the specified recipient(s).
- After you have downloaded your tag sheet, log in to your Google Ad Manager account.
How to Traffic in Google Ad Manager
- To add a new creative, click on Delivery -> Creatives -> New Creative, or navigate to the desired Line Item, click the Creative tab, and click the Add Creative Button:
- When prompted to select the creative type, select Third Party:
- In the New creative window, enter the creative name, ad dimensions, and insert the embed code you copied/exported from Adventive in the HTML field:
- Ensure that "Serve into a SafeFrame" box is unchecked.
- Click Save and preview.
- You should now be able to preview your ad unit within the preview pane. If the ad does not load in the preview, click New Window.
* Note - If the ad is not loading in the preview pane or in a new window, verify the campaign is Active in Adventive's campaign manager.