Adventive's Text Scroller is great for medical/legal copy that requires IRI - Important Risk Information, sometimes referred to as ISI - Important Safety Information, and in broadcast, sometimes called the "Major Statement".
This article will walk you through the Text Scroller Component.
- Once you’ve created your ad, select Text Scroller from the Components drop down menu:
- You’ll now see a transparent 300x250 box over your ad unit (you can resize by dragging the corners).
- With the Text Scroller selected within the ad, the Text Scroller settings will display to the right in the builder under the General Properties:
Text Scroller settings:
Manual Scroll – By default, text is set to scroll automatically. Selecting Manual Scroll disables auto scrolling, requiring users to manually scroll up and down the content.
Hide Scrollbar - By default, the scrollbar is shown on the right side of the component. You can choose to hide this.
Auto Scrolling Options:
Stop on Hover Over - Pauses auto scrolling if a user hovers over the text area.
Resume on Hover Off - Resumes auto scrolling when a user hovers off the text area.
Loop - For auto scrolling text, when scroll reaches the end returns to the beginning and restarts.
Scroll Speed - For auto scrolling text, the speed of the text scroll.
- Click on the Open Text Editor button and the editor will show in the builder:
- Enter the desired text:
- You can update several settings in the Text Editor before clicking Submit - below are some examples:
- On the menu options above, you select the "image" icon to add photos::
- More information on adding images to your Text Scroller component can be found within our Text and Image Scroller article.
- Choose to enter a source url/dimensions, or choose to Upload an Image:
- Insert a hyperlink by clicking the Insert dropdown at the top of the editor and choosing "Link". A Window will appear for you to place the url, Text and Title:
- Insert a Table by clicking the Insert dropdown at the top of the editor and choosing "Table" and how many columns and rows it should have:
- You can make further edits to the Table by choosing "Table" from the top dropdown:
- Other edits can be made to the Font, Font Size, Paragraph, etc.:
- When finished, click Submit.
- Everything from the Text Editor will now appear on your ad unit:
- Make any adjustments to the size of the scroll area within the ad and add any other assets.
- Preview and Save the ad.
For a comprehensive guide on how to utilize photos within the text scroller, to create a vertical scrolling sidebar, see guide Text and Image Scroller.