This article will walk you through adding the Add to Calendar action to an ad unit
In this article, you will learn:
How to Add Actions to an Ad Unit
- Choose the ad format and dimensions of the ad unit you wish to add the Action to. For guidance on building specific formats, check out this article.
- Once you have created your ad, select the object you’d like to set an action to.
- Click the blue "Add Action" button on the right side of the builder:
- The "Actions" section will then appear in the Properties panel:
- You have the option to Open URL, Go To Screen, Open Adhesion, Open Overlay, Open as Full Page Flex, Open Sidekick, Call, Close Ad, Add To Calendar, Email, or Download File.
How to Add the Add to Calendar Action
The Add to Calendar Action adds an event to the viewers calendar.
- Select the asset or object on your canvas that you'd like to add the Add to Calendar Action to.
- Select Add to Calendar from the dropdown menu:
- Once selected, the following fields will show:
Configuration options for the Add to Calendar action are explained below:
|(Optional) Append a unique label for the Add to Calendar action, which will display in campaigns and reporting.
|Single-event operations which trigger something specific to happen within you ad build.
|Calendar Event Name
|(Optional) Enter the event title.
|(Optional) Enter the address/location of the event.
|By clicking into this field, a calendar will appear for start date selection.
|Enter the start time and select AM or PM from dropdown menu.
|By clicking into this field, a calendar will appear for end date selection.
|Enter the end time and select AM or PM from dropdown menu.
|Your current account timezone will automatically populate as the default. To change this, click on the dropdown menu and make a selection.
All calendar options are checked by default. You can deselect if needed. If all are options selected, users can choose to have the event added to Apple Calendar, Google Calendar, Outlook, or Yahoo.
Save and Preview to test.
- To add additional actions, select the blue “Add Action” button above your previously added Add to Calendar action:
- Action 2 will then be added to the Actions Properties panel:
- To remove an action, select the object/layer/asset that has the action set and click the - (minus) button located at the top right of the added action, within actions panel.
- Clicking the + (plus) button will add a new action directly below the selected action.