Easily integrate viewability tracking provided by your advertiser or a third-party to track the viewability of ad units.
In this article, you will learn:
How to Add Viewability Tracking
Adventive currently supports DoubleVerify, MOAT, & IAS (Integral Ad Science)
Below, you will find a step by step guide to implementing third-party Viewability tracking.
- Locate and edit the campaign you are looking to add tracking to. For more information on creating campaigns, see our article Creating, editing and managing campaigns.
- Go into the campaign and navigate to the ad unit that you are looking to add a Viewability tracker to. Click the 3 dots to the right of the ad (be sure you click at the ad level):
- Upon clicking the 3 dots, the below dropdown will appear – select “Add Third Party Tracking”:
- The following screen will appear:
- Click the Viewability tab. If there is no Viewability tag currently placed, a notification will come up for you to “click” to add one (or click the “+” symbol top right):
- Select the provider from the dropdown (Adventive currently supports DoubleVerify, MOAT, & IAS).
- Copy and paste the Viewability tracker into the “Tag" input box.
Example of a tag/what you would paste:
Example of a tag/what you would paste - a script tag.
Integral Ad Science (IAS)
Example of a tag/paste ENTIRE TAG
* Note - Does not support IAS implementations with DFP macros in them:
Click Submit to Save.
- You can add as many Click Urls, Impression, Engagement and Viewability Tracking as needed per ad before hitting the Submit button in the bottom right corner.
- Adventive embeds Third-Party trackers in the actual ad code (vs appending to the end of the tag), allowing you to update or add tracking at any time without generating new tags or re-trafficking.
- If this is an update to an existing campaign, be sure to Republish the campaign. Click the republish icon at the top of the page to republish all ad units that have been updated. Alternatively, click the republish icon next to the individual ad line items to republish just that particular ad unit.
Updating Trackers/View Trackers:
- To make updates to Third Party trackers/or to view, you can re-select “Add Third Party Tracking" next to each ad and click within the field for the tracker you want to change or view:
For Bulk Viewing
- When you Export Tags as an Excel file, there will be a tab at the bottom of the Trafficking Sheet downloaded file called "Tracking" which will show each ad's corresponding trackers: